Funding Your Bold Human Rights Idea
Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Grants Application Deadline: Match 11, 2019 by 11:59 PM (Eastern)
Do you have a human rights related initiative you want to make a reality? One that a small grant can make happen? Now’s your chance to apply for up to $2,000 in funding. Applications to be submitted by e-mail to Human Rights Internet at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 11, 2019.
Who can apply?
- Must be Canadian-based individual, association, or Not-For-Profit entity located in the GTA.
- Cannot be a commercial enterprise or a political party.
- Must be focused positively on the human rights enshrined in United Nations human rights treaties.
- Must plan activities to take place in Canada.
- Cannot use the grant for conference registrations or travel, scholarships or bursaries or awards.
- Cannot re-distribute the grant to another group.
- Must have a grant budget between $500 and $2,000.
*** One application per person/group ***
What will we fund?
- Initiatives must focus positively on any one or more of the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Send your ideas – you know best how you can make a difference in your community, your school, or your organization.
How do I apply?
Simple! Complete the online form here.
When will I know if my application was successful?
- Human Rights Internet (HRI) will evaluate all applications with successful applicants notified by mid March, 2019.
- HRI reserves the right not to award grants if no suitable applications are received.
- Grant start date: March 18, 2019.
- Grant Duration: Up to 1 year.
- A minimum of 4 grants will be available.
Thank you for your interest!